Infrastructure – Systems Administrator
Lockard & Wechsler Direct, a marketing agency, is adding an IT Lead to its Infrastructure Team. We’re looking for someone with advanced knowledge of servers and Mac OS to provide support and lead and execute IT projects. The ideal candidate is someone with a client-focused mindset who can take initiative and work independently. In addition to technical know-how, strong communication skills are a must. We need someone with office and/or professional services experience who is comfortable interacting and collaborating with stakeholders, employees, and vendors at all levels.
• Manage and oversee all company Servers, while emphasizing the following:
• Analyze server resource utilization to ensure optimum server/storage performance.
• Monitor daily system activity and address any potential problems.
• Execute & oversee department plan for patching various systems.
• Perform/assist with various hardware and software installations, repairs, upgrades, and regularly scheduled maintenance, as needed.
• Install, configure, test, and maintain systems, applications, and programs.
• Manage a mix of long-term projects and short-term service requests with a high degree of flexibility.
• Oversee backup and disaster recovery plan; assist Infrastructure Manager in implementing plans.
• Act as level 2 support; Troubleshoot and correct technical issues for end users and define appropriate solutions.
• Occasional after business hours work, as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience working within a corporate environment.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows OS, Mac OS, Citrix, VMWare, Storage Area Networks, Veeam, WSUS, and Active Directory.
• Knowledge of Help Desk Software (i.e., Jira), Mobile Device Management (i.e., Mosyle), & SQL a plus, but not required.
• This is an on-site position, located in Irvington, NY (Westchester County).
• Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.